Liz Sweeney Private Counselling Practice Sept 2020
I will be continuing to offer counselling sessions online by ‘Zoom’ unless there is a particular reason why this is not acceptable to both client and counsellor. If we decide to work Face to Face, this will depend on the current Government Guidelines and the Covid 19 situation at the time.
Before a Face-to-Face session :
- I will contact you the day before or on the day of your appointment, by phone, to ask whether you have had any Covid19 symptoms in the last 14 days. If you, or a family member, have had confirmed or suspected symptoms or are waiting for the results of a test, you will be asked to cancel and re-schedule your appointment. There will be no charge for the cancelled session. We can re-schedule to do a session on ‘Zoom’.This also applies if you have been in contact with anyone who may have the virus or who should be in quarantine. I will also ask if you have been to any parties or large gatherings in the recent past.
- I will leave 30 mins between sessions to make sure there is time to clean the room and will ensure that clients do not meet on the way in or out.
- All surfaces will be sanitised before you arrive and between each client. This will involve:
- – wiping all the surfaces, (with and approved sanitiser/disinfectant): door handles, tissue boxes, chair coverings ( these will be replaced for each client), tables, floor etc
- Hand sanitiser will be available and I would ask you to use this when you sit down for the session. I will do this too.
- A covered bin will be supplied for tissues and this will be emptied and cleaned between clients,
- You will have the usual access to the toilet where the same cleaning rules apply. There are paper towels, hand wash and sanitiser available for your use.
- Where possible (weather permitting) there will be one or two windows open in the room.
- I will open the door to you and show you to your seat so (unless you use the toilet) you will not need to touch any door handles.
- I am obliged to break confidentiality in order to comply with ‘Track and Trace’. I would need to pass on your name and phone number if I developed symptoms after being with you in your session along with other people with whom I had contact.
- I will take my own temperature before the session, (I can take yours on arrival as well if you want me to), hand sanitise at the beginning of the session, and keep a 1 to 2 metre distance whenever possible. My room is quite small.
- I would prefer not to wear a mask/visor and do not require you to do so, but if you want us both to wear masks I will respect your decision.
- I will inform you if I have any Covid 19 symptoms at all and cancel the session. I would ask that you do the same. Please make yourself aware of the range of symptoms that are ‘possible Covid Symptoms’. Counselling is considered to be a high risk situation due to the fact that we are opposite each other and speaking together for an hour so it is important that we both observe the rules and are cautious.
- If circumstances/guidelines change we can continue our sessions online using ‘Zoom.’
- I would prefer payment to be by bank transfer but will accept a cheque or cash if this is not possible.
- I hope you will understand that I have considered the risks involved and taken every precaution to prevent the spread of Covid 19 and that, to the best of my knowledge, I will not have any Covid 19 symptoms or be in quarantine myself at the time of your appointment.
- However, I cannot 100% guarantee full protection from the virus and you need to take responsibility for your own safety especially if you have any illness, or reasons which make you more susceptible to the effects of the virus. The safety of both of us depends on mutual trust and reasonable caution.
- By signing this you are confirming that you have read the above information and agree to it.
- If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me (email@example.com) or phone/text 07711161586 / 01892852379
- Please return this form by e-mail or bring it to your first session.
I look forward to seeing you.-
Signed : Date: